Sunday 11 January 2015

New Years, new post!

Well that went really well...

No posts since September?  Well done me.

Time to try again.  I'd quite like to attempt to actually write on here more regularly, so new years resolution is to try and post at least a couple of times a month.  Maybe it'll be more, who knows?

Anyway, I have just got back from the cinema and seeing Into The Woods (a really rather fabulous film) with the lovely Christine and Bekah.  Friend time is something I don't get enough of, and really should try and increase instead of just spending hours at home watching Netflix... I'm terrible at staying in contact with people, so should really try and get better at doing that.

I've been struggling a little with where I am at the moment in terms of life - part time jobs, living at home with the family, not being particularly near people I know...
Bekah had some wonderful words of wisdom that I wanted to get down on paper, so figure why not use them for a post on here?

She compared life to being like watching the sunrise.  It doesn't matter what you do, the sun will rise.  Doesn't matter how hard you wish it, it won't rise any faster.  The best thing to do is to pay attention and enjoy every moment of the process of sunrise.  If you miss that particular moment, it won't come round again. If you miss that pink, or the way that cloud catches the rising sun at that moment, you won't see it again.  Yes, it's dark to begin with, yes it may be freezing cold and you may wish you were somewhere else or that it was warmer, but there is real beauty there if you watch for it.

Beautiful, right?  What a fabulous girl she is.

So that's my target for now.  Watch for the beautiful moments.  Enjoy my jobs, enjoy spending time with my family.  With a couple of illnesses at the moment, the last one feels particularly important - you never know how long you'll have with them. Stop doing the whole 'the grass is always greener' thing, and learn to be happy where you are.  It's tough, but I need to give it a go.

So there we have it.  Three targets for the year ahead.  Be better at staying in touch with people, write on here, and learn to be happy.  No biggie...

No comments:

Post a Comment